The female urinary pouch is the only external catheter device for women on the market. The odor is controlled by the use of an exclusive Hollister odor-barrier film that is transparent, strong, and lightweight.
Because of the transparent pouch film it will allow any caregiver to observe the contents of collection unit without disturbing the patient. Urine is safely discharged through the convenience drain. The drain valve allows the user to empty safely and cleanly.
External Catheter for Women
- Designed to be worn externally (Female External Catheter)
- Made from odor-barrier film and features a synthetic skin barrier which protects the skin
- Pre-cut opening in the barrier can be enlarged to accommodate the anatomy of the patient
- Connects to a bedside receptacle | or leg bag system for continuous collection
- Designed for long time wear period of about 1 week (individuals will vary)
- The only woman catheter worn externally
Directions for Application
Prepare The Genital Area
- Wash the external genital area with a mild soap and water.
- Trim the perianal hair, rinse and dry thoroughly.
Prepare The Skin Barrier
- Measure the vulva
- Enlarge the Skin Barrier opening, if necessary.
- Important – Do not cut beyond the line indication on the release paper.
Apply Female External Catheter
- Assume the “Frog Legs” position
- Remove the release paper from the Skin Barrier
- Apply the bottom end of the Skin Barrier to the perianal bridge
- Secure the remainder of the Skin Barrier
- Gently press against the skin until the Skin Barrier is contacting the skin at all points
- Hold in place for 30 seconds
- Use adhesive strips around the barrier edges for added security
- Remove the drain cap at the bottom of the pouch and attach the tubing from a beside receptacle
Removing The Female Urinary Pouch
- Disconnect the pouch from the bedside receptacle.
- Close the pouch drain cap.
- Assume the “frog leg” position.
- Gently remove the strips of tape and discard.
- Beginning on either side | ease the skin barrier away from the skin. Water may be used to soften the adhesive bond and facilitate removal.
- Dispose of used pouch according to protocol. Do not discard into a sewage system.
Caution: Use of this product may not be advisable for women with urinary tract, vaginal of other chronic infections like active genital herpes or chronic urinary retention. Discontinue use of the product if any of the following symptoms appear: swelling, severe redness, itching or pain, fever or abnormal vaginal discharge.
There are no reviews yet.